- The Players Association was founded by former Wasps and England player Damian Hopley. Damian was forced to retire through injury at the age of 26 and he identified the need for a collective body to represent professional players interests.
- Central legal and accident insurance introduced for members.
- Inaugural Rugby Players’ Awards Dinner, London, where Neil Back wins first Players’ Player of the Year Award.
- Computacenter sign as title sponsor for Rugby Players’ Awards Dinner.
- Benevolent Fund established.
- Founder member of the International Rugby Players Association (IRPA).
- Inaugural La Manga Golf Classic, won by Paul Burke (Harlequins).
- Election of first Playing Chairman: Pat Sanderson.
- Appointed exclusive Team England commercial representative and negotiate ground breaking four year deal to pay for Match fees and Image rights.
- Launch careers and education scheme, the Player Development Programme, and appoint first full time Player Development Manager.
- Towergate TLC announced as Official Insurance Partner.
- Commissions three-year Player Burnout Research Project.
- Two additional full time Player Development Managers appointed.
- Lead negotiator and adviser for the 2005 British & Irish Lions contracts.
- Bath prop David Barnes elected Chairman.
- Introduction of a Standard Playing Contract for all Premiership club players.
- CEO Damian Hopley elected chairman of IRPA.
- Most extensive Ipsos Mori survey of professional players in England undertaken.
- Member of RFU Player Safety and Welfare Task Group.
- IRPA and IRB sign Memorandum of Understanding.
- Secure voting rights on newly former Professional Game Board (PGB).
- Sunday Times announced as Official Newspaper partner.
- Appoint first Independent Medical Advisor.
- Reappointed Team England Exclusive commercial agents and renegotiate new 4 year team England deal.
- Appoint Independent Doctor to PGB Medical Advisory Group.
- Introduces Confidential Counselling Service for all members.
- Commissions Rugby Retirees Medical Research Project.
- Central insurance cover for all members significantly enhanced.
- HSBC sign as Official Banking partner.
- Lead negotiator for British & Irish Lions player contract.
- Fourth Player Development Manager appointed.
- Inaugural Academy Induction Day for all first year contracted Premiership Academy Players delivered.
- Deliver Social Awareness and Responsibility Seminars to Premiership squads.
- Appoint first RPA Benevolent Fund Ambassador: Matt Hampson.
- Member of RFU Core Values Group.
- Member of RFU Image of the game task group.
- RFU Agents Registration Scheme launched, RPA set scheme policy with RFU and PRL, and are a member of the Agents Review Board.
- RPA support Tom Williams in his successful appeal against ERC 12 month ban.
- RPA Alumni Launched.
- The RPA secure a new three year funding agreement with the RFU and Premiership Rugby
- Computacenter Professional Development Scheme launched, offering 3 current professional players a 12 month programme of personal and business skills development and mentoring from senior managers
- RPA negotiate a successful resolution to the England players summer tour pay dispute with the RFU
- RPA ensure strict conditions are met by the RFU and Premiership Rugby before agreeing to GPS research
- RPA assist Sale Sharks players in employment disputes
- RPA provide Bristol squad with legal advice when the club faces the threat of administration
- Third annual RPA Academy Player Induction Day is attended by over 70 players
- RPA appoint new independent doctor, Dr Tim Anstiss
- RPA secure funding and mandate to deliver a Betting Integrity Education Programme to every Aviva Premiership player
- RPA successfully defends London Wasps player, Marty Veale in a court case brought by a player agent
- RPA PDMs design and deliver an education seminar on the newly introduced Illicit Drugs Policy to every player in the Aviva Premiership
- RPA host a three-day IRPA conference, including a ground breaking meeting with IRB/RWC delegation and Tier 1 captains
- Travelex announced as Official Foreign Exchange Supplier
- Insurance company Arachas renew their commercial partnership with the RPA
- Key member of the RWC review group after RWC fall out.
- Agree enhanced 4 year deal between Team England and RFU
- Launch of Restart as the Official Charity of the RPA
- Appointed to represent the collective rights of the England 7’s team
- Stage 15th RPA Awards, with new Awards recognising Women and Championship Players of the year