The Rugby Players’ Association (RPA) is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England which was established in 1998 to look after the interests of all professional players, from Academy players to the superstars of the international game. The RPA offers members Player Welfare and Representation services as well as RPA Gain Line, a comprehensive national personal development programme, to help support their wellbeing and prepare them for life after rugby. The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since February 2004. www.therpa.co.uk
The RPA is looking to appoint an RPA Events and Partnerships Manager to provide maternity cover for up to 12 months.
To manage the delivery of all RPA Events during the term, ensuring events are delivered on time, to budget and to a high standard and to act as Partnerships Manager for selected RPA partners and suppliers, ensuring that all partnership agreements are maintained and delivered to the standard set. You will report to the Head of Commercial.
The RPA Commercial Department is responsible for generating income via bespoke events, match-day hospitality, commercial partnerships and talent bookings to support RPA player welfare projects and programmes.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Event Management:
Manage the delivery of the agreed RPA Event, achieving agreed KPIs. These events include, but are not limited to:
- Events at Twickenham Stadium on England International Match Days
- Rugby Heroes Lunches
- Annual RPA Awards Dinner
- Business Partnership Networking Events
The agreed performance benchmarks include but are not limited to:
- Individual Event Budget Management, whilst supporting the overall department financial targets
- Sponsorship and Event Supplier/Partner management
- Event artwork and communication management
- Guest Management and all related guest communication
- Ticketing Management for both match-day and RPA Events
- Event production management
- Sales plan support including point of contact for exclusive sales agents
- Supporting any talent bookings where required
2. Commercial Partnership Management and Activation:
Manage the delivery of agreed RPA Commercial Partners, achieving performance benchmarks that include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring successful delivery of all partnership assets
- Recording and reporting of client and partner results and ROI in each period
- Supporting the Commercial Team on departmental KPIs and successful delivery of the 2022/23 Strategy
- Providing support on new business development
Experience and skills required:
- Previous and proven experience within an events environment.
- Previous experience within a sports environment desirable.
- Experience of the development, production and delivery of projects and events from proposal up to delivery.
- Experience of delivering events on time that meet targets and KPIs.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities on every project.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client and partner relationships.
- Managing supplier relationships specific to each RPA event.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Capable of working as part of a team within a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment whilst maintaining high standards.
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to adapt style to reflect the target audience.
- Confident personality, comfortable working with high-profile individuals and elite athletes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and respond and adapt to rapidly changing demands.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A positive, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s vision and key values.
- Previous exposure and understanding of GDPR to ensure all data is captured and stored correctly.
You will be working across all relevant RPA Departments – Gain Line, Communications and Restart - to deliver the above to the expected standards.
Must be available to work on all England International Match Days at Twickenham.
Salary: Competitive plus company benefits
Location: Primarily a remote role, with a requirement to travel to the Twickenham/Kingston area for co-working days along with attending RPA team meetings (varied locations) and very occasional travel to other parts of the UK when required.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering note, including salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk
Application deadline: Monday 22nd August at 5pm. Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date.
Interview dates: 1st interview’s to be held w/c August 29th 2022.