The Rugby Players Association is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England. We represent more than 800 male and female professional rugby players, as well as more than 400 former players.
It is our mission to support, promote and protect the interests of our members, from the moment they sign their first professional contracts, throughout their playing careers, and beyond as they embark on the next phase of their lives.
The RPA also acts as the exclusive commercial representative of the Senior England Men and Red Roses squads.
Role and Purpose
The RPA has a unique opportunity for a talented and creative individual to join the Commercial Department and play a key role in contributing towards the commercial success of the Association.
Supporting the Head of Commercial, the Commercial Executive will work cross functionally, supporting with new partnership sales, and existing partnership account management. Live event support will be required at international match days at Twickenham.
We are looking for a motivated individual who possesses a proactive, positive attitude and is keen to commence or continue a career in the sports industry within a highly successful and productive team.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Commercial Executive will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Commercial and wider department in the delivery of the RPA’s commercial strategy and agreed objectives
- Collaborating with departments across the organisation (including Player Welfare, Communications and Restart, the official charity of the RPA) to gain a complete knowledge of the partnership product offering to maximise sales opportunities
- Alongside the Head of Commercial, source, qualify and develop new business leads for RPA partnerships
- Creating partnership proposals and renewal decks
- Pro-actively contributing to the sales process of all RPA partnerships and events
- Responding to and following up on all sales enquiries using appropriate methods (phone, email and social media) with a high standard of recording and tracking required
- Working with the Head of Commercial and RPA Communications department to produce sales collateral and supporting materials
- Work with the RPA Gain Line team across all partnership delivery
- Ensuring that all RPA sponsors contractual obligations are fulfilled
Experience and skills required:
- Previous and proven experience within a sales, marketing or events environment.
- Previous experience and demonstrable understanding of the sports business landscape desirable.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Capable of working as part of a team within a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment whilst maintaining high standards
- Knowledge and experience of sporting commercial rights desirable.
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to adapt style to reflect the target audience.
- Confident personality, comfortable working with high-profile individuals and elite athletes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and respond and adapt to rapidly changing demands.
- Excellent IT skills across a number of packages and platforms relevant to the role.
- A positive, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s mission statement, vision and key values.
- Previous exposure or understanding of GDPR to ensure all sales data is captured and stored correctly
Salary: Competitive plus comprehensive company benefits
Location: Hybrid working, with in person co-working days currently 1 day per week in the Kingston/Twickenham area. Must live within commutable distance to Central London.
Closing date: 5pm – Monday 16th January 2023 (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date)
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering note, including salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk
Interview dates: tbc