Role: Digital Communications Manager
The Rugby Players Association is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England. We represent more than 800 male and female professional rugby players, as well as more than 400 former players.
It is our mission to support, promote and protect the interests of our members, from the moment they sign their first professional contracts, throughout their playing careers, and beyond as they embark on the next phase of their lives.
The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since 2004.
Role and Purpose
The RPA has a unique opportunity for a talented and creative individual to join the Communications Department and play a key role in promoting all areas of the Association and its members.
The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for: developing and managing the RPA’s social media channels; producing targeted email campaigns marketing RPA events; managing the RPA website and player app; producing the RPA’s quarterly magazine; and communicating to members through regular newsletters and text updates. The role will report into the RPA Head of Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of RPA social media accounts, producing engaging, and relevant content across our primary channels: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Audit, track and analyse social media performance, identifying areas of growth while monitoring relevant 3rd party channels.
- Daily management of the RPA website and player app.
- Produce regular stories and news content for the RPA’s digital channels and quarterly print publication, The Players’ Room.
- Conduct regular player interviews, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Work closely with the Rugby Department to produce player communications, through e-newsletters, text updates, app notifications and social media.
- Develop strong relationship with key rugby stakeholders, press and broadcasters.
- Produce regular marketing email campaigns, promoting RPA events, Restart fundraising activities, and RPA business partner content.
- Support Head of Communications in the delivery of the RPA’s communications strategy.
- Collaborate with departments across the business (including Rugby, Commercial and Restart, the official charity of the RPA) to communicate and promote the RPA’s work.
- Work with RPA Commercial Team and Head of Communications to create activations around current RPA partners and facilitate the distribution of their contractual assets
- Run the digital strategy around the RPA Awards each year
- Managing inhouse design briefs with external designer
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong rugby knowledge, with a particular focus on English rugby.
- Proven track record managing social media accounts for a corporate and/or professional sporting organisation.
- Exceptional written communications skills with ability to produce engaging long and short-form content and adapt style to reflect the target audience.
- Confident personality, comfortable working with high-profile individuals and elite athletes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and respond and adapt to rapidly changing demands.
- Experience of working in a press office, with good awareness of journalists across regional, national and online media outlets.
- Clear communicator who is adept at managing relationships with external agencies across a variety of disciplines.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of website content management systems (CMS), social media platforms, and programmes such as Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience in content creation, producing and editing video content
- Strong knowledge of Mail Chimp system in building and delivering email campaigns
- A positive, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s mission statement, vision and key values.
- Ability to react to and deal with situations of a sensitive nature
- Experience of working in professional sport, for an organisation or club.
- Experience of driving and managing successful social media marketing campaigns.
- Creative thinker who can forward plan around social calendar events
Salary: Competitive plus company benefits
Location: Remote Working. Please note that travel into the Twickenham area and/or Central London will be required on an ad hoc basis.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering note, including salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk
Application deadline: Sunday 6th June at 5pm. Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date.
Interview dates: 1st interview’s to be held w/c June 14th 2021.