The feeling of walking through the Sun Gate to witness the UNESCO World Heritage site of Machu Picchu for the first time will live with you forever. The Trek to Machu Picchu follows the uncrowded Ancascocha trail, surrounded by the spectacular Andes mountains, raging rivers and remote mountain communities. Celebrate your success as you marvel at the awe-inspiring lost Incan city of Machu Picchu. 

The Challenge

  • Reach the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu in the Sacred Valley of the Inca’s
  • Admire the spectacular scenery of the Andes mountains
  • Follow the uncrowded Ancascocha trail
  • Explore the Ancient Inca capital of Cusco
  • Optional Lake Titicaca or Jungle extensions

See the full itinerary


Various dates are available.


The costs may vary slightly on the date chosen but an example below of costs are per person.



Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £450.00 when you book.

Then a balance of £2,203.00
(10 weeks before your challenge).

Raise as much as you can for Restart Rugby.


Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £450.00 when you book.

Raise a minimum of £4,495.00 for Restart Rugby.


Pay a non-refundable registration fee of £450.00 when you book.

Then £450.00 towards challenge costs
(10 weeks before your challenge).

Raise a minimum of £3,575.00 for Restart Rugby.

Please note that you can pay your registration fee in instalments.

You should send your sponsorship money to Restart as you raise it. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required must be sent to Restart 12 weeks before departure, and the remaining 20% within 4 weeks of completing the challenge.

If you have raised the necessary funds, Restart will then pay the balance of your expedition costs.

We are here to fully support you in the lead-up to the trip. We'll provide you with tips to help you reach your target. And materials to help you with your fundraising.

Sign me up

What's Included

The trip is organised by Charity Challenge. Your trek with them includes:

  • international flights to and from the UK including air taxes (but excluding the fuel element)
  • internal transfers (unless otherwise stated)
  • equipment as per the challenge activity
  • three meals a day except where specified
  • accommodation during the challenge (usually twin share)
  • local support and backup equipment
  • entrance fees to national parks or other places of interest visited on the itinerary
  • 12.5% off Cotswold Outdoor, Snow + Rock, and Runners 

The climb will be attended by trained staff from Charity Challenge. Members of staff include:

  • an English speaking first aid trained challenge leader and full local support team
  • full back-up support including first-aid qualified staff and first-aid supplies

Visit the Charity Challenge website to find out what isn't included in this package.

Sign me up

Your #TeamRestart package

When you fundraise with us you'll receive:

  • a Restart Rugby t-shirt to help you look the part
  • a welcome pack containing fundraising tips and materials to help you reach your goal
  • support from our events team.

Need some help?

If you have any questions, get in touch with our friendly fundraising team.

Get in touch