Fundraising Executive – Restart Rugby
Are you ready to be a part of a life-changing role that combines your passion for sports and your fundraising prowess? Restart Rugby, the dynamic and inspiring charity supporting elite rugby players in times of need, is on the hunt for a skilled Fundraising Executive to take our fundraising efforts to new heights! If you have the drive, determination, and flair to make a real impact on the lives of rugby players and their families, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
About Restart Rugby
Restart is the official charity of The Rugby Players Association (RPA) and we are there for elite rugby players and their families, providing financial, emotional, and practical support when they face injury, illness, or adversity. We understand that rugby is more than just a sport; it's a way of life. Our charity believes in the spirit of camaraderie, ensuring that no player is left behind on their journey to recovery and beyond.
About The Job
As our Fundraising Executive, your primary mission will be to harness the power of passion, teamwork, and philanthropy to positively impact the lives of rugby players in need. You will lead and execute fundraising initiatives, design creative campaigns, and build meaningful relationships with donors, partners, and supporters, igniting the fire of generosity and empathy within the rugby community.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop and implement cutting-edge fundraising strategies that captivate and engage donors, clubs, and businesses alike. From award dinners and sporting events to digital campaigns and corporate partnerships, you will leave no stone unturned to secure the vital funds required to support our rugby players.
- Forge strong and lasting relationships with individual and corporate donors, leveraging your exceptional interpersonal skills to convey the importance of Restart Rugby's mission and the impact of their contributions.
- Collaborate closely with rugby clubs, associations, and influential figures to inspire a sense of community and responsibility, encouraging them to rally behind our cause.
- Plan and execute memorable fundraising events that leave a lasting impression, captivating the hearts of attendees and sponsors while ensuring they have a fantastic experience.
- Provide excellent stewardship to our donors, ensuring they feel valued, informed, and connected to the positive changes their support brings to rugby players' lives.
- Utilize data and analytics to track fundraising progress, identify opportunities for improvement, and optimize fundraising efforts to achieve maximum impact.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven track record in successful fundraising, showcasing your ability to devise innovative strategies and exceed targets.
- Natural talent for building strong and authentic relationships with donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to inspire, engage, and articulate Restart Rugby's mission to diverse audiences.
- A flair for out-of-the-box thinking, enabling you to design unique fundraising campaigns and events that stand out from the crowd.
- Proficiency in utilizing digital platforms and social media to maximize fundraising efforts and outreach.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours depending on events.
- A genuine love and understanding of rugby, its culture, and the profound impact it has on players' lives will set you apart in this role.
Join the Restart Rugby Family
At Restart Rugby, we're more than just a team; we're a family driven by passion and determination. Join us, and together, we will empower rugby players to tackle life's challenges head-on, knowing they have the support of a community that cares.
Are You Ready to Take the Field?
If you're ready to make a real impact and combine your love for rugby with your fundraising talents, apply now and let's change lives together through the power of Restart Rugby!
Salary: £25-£30k pa plus comprehensive company benefits
Location: Hybrid working with one to two days per week in Kingston co-working office location. Please note that travel into the Twickenham area and/or Central London will be required regularly for matchdays and in-person meetings.
Closing date: 11 pm Sunday 20th August 2023
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter, including details of salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk