Rugby Players Association (RPA)
Role: Commercial Executive
The Rugby Players Association is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England. We represent over 800 male and female professional rugby players, as well as more than 400 former players.
It is our mission to support, promote and protect the interests of our members, from the moment they sign their first professional contracts, throughout their playing careers, and beyond as they embark on the next phase of their lives.
The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since 2004.
Role and Purpose
The RPA has a unique opportunity for a talented and creative individual to join the Commercial Department and play a key role in contributing towards the commercial success of the Association.
Supporting the Head of Commercial, the Commercial Executive will work cross functionally, supporting with new business creation, partnership sales and existing partnership account management. Live event support will be required when events/crowds are permitted.
We are looking for a motivated individual who possesses a proactive, positive attitude and is keen to commence or continue a career in the sports industry within a highly successful and productive team.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Commercial Executive will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Commercial in the delivery of the RPA’s commercial strategy
- Collaborating with departments across the organisation (including Player Welfare, Communications and Restart, the official charity of the RPA) to gain a complete knowledge of the partnership product offering to maximise sales opportunities
- Ability to source, qualify and develop new business leads for RPA partnerships
- Creation of partnership proposal and renewal decks
- Pro-actively contributing to the sales of all RPA partnerships
- Responding to and following up on all sales enquiries using appropriate methods (phone, email and social media) and tracking relevant outcomes within existing systems
- Working with the Head of Commercial and Head of Communications to produce sales collateral and supporting materials
- Work with the wider Gain Line team across all partnership delivery
- Implementing and managing any virtual events, including the RPA Awards 2021
- Attending RPA events and other business-related events when possible
- Ensuring that all RPA sponsors contractual obligations are fulfilled within stipulated timescales
Experience and skills required:
- Previous and proven experience within a sales, marketing or events environment
- Previous experience within a commercial sports environment desirable
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Capable of working as part of a team within a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment whilst maintaining high standards
- An interest in the business of sport and a clear passion for building a career within the sports industry
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to adapt style to reflect the target audience.
- Confident personality, comfortable working with high-profile individuals and elite athletes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and respond and adapt to rapidly changing demands.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A positive, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s mission statement, vision and key values.
- Previous exposure or understanding of GDPR to ensure all data is captured and stored correctly
Salary: Competitive plus comprehensive company benefits
Location: Currently working from home with occasional travel to Twickenham required. Office location and working patterns post COVID-19 tbc.
Closing date: 5pm – Monday 16th November 2020 (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date)
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering note, including salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk
Interview dates: 1st virtual interview’s to be held w/c 23rd November 2020