The RPA is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England which was established in 1998 to look after the interests of all professional players, from Academy players to the stars of the international game and retired players. The RPA offers its members Player Welfare and Representation services as well as a comprehensive Personal Development Programme (PDP) to help prepare them for life after rugby.
The RPA is looking to appoint a new Player Services Manager. This is a support and administrative role, which is crucial to the underpinning and day-to-day work of the RPA.
The Player Services Manager is responsible for managing the daily delivery of all Player Services available to RPA members.
The Player Services Manager reports to and assists the RPA Rugby Director on all player welfare and matters. The role provides central support to the RPA Personal Development Programme (PDP) staff and maintains regular communication between the Members, the RPA Personal Development Managers (PDM) and Head Office.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
– Administration of RPA membership sign up process, queries, database and membership packs
– Acting as an office-based first point of contact for RPA members on any queries, providing efficient and effective signposting to relevant RPA personnel
– Procurement, management and communication of RPA Member Offers
– Administer election of RPA Player Representatives
Personal Development Programme
– Liaison for PDMs, responsible for internal communications to PDMs, organizing PDM meetings, liaison between PDMs and commercial and communications departments
– Data compilation of PDP activity for monthly reporting
– Management, administration and data processing for online education programmes
– Managing and reviewing, on an on-going basis, the education grant programme, process and budget
– Maintaining, developing and co-ordinating essential PDP internal and external (player-facing) resources, including:
RPA website-based information, advice notes for players, updating PDP presentations, library of academic research and PDP relevant publications, catalogue of work placement opportunities, seminars, workshops and career days for knowledge sharing across the PDP.
– Administrative support to the Rugby Director in the management of player insurance claims, medical information gathering and acting as a first point of contact for players
– Assist RPA Rugby Director with the administration of legal cases
– Administration of member applications to Restart Rugby and acting as liaison between the members and the Restart Rugby trustees
– Administration of the RPA confidential counselling service
– Maintain player welfare assistance and correspondence records
– Maintain player welfare and PDP statistics and data
Organising and managing delivery of events such as:
– the RPA Academy Induction Day
– RPA pre-season player forums
– RPA business networking evenings
– Ensure regular membership communication mediums are maintained
– Provide content input to all membership communications
– Keep RPA Player Representatives informed of all relevant RPA business
Rugby Director, Senior Personal Development Managers, Personal Development Managers, RPA Player Representatives, RPA Members, Head of Communications, Head of Commercial, Restart Rugby Trustees, RPA external providers
Skills & Experience required
– Proven track record in administrative work, record keeping and data processing
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Proven organisational skills
– Ability to multitask and meet conflicting deadlines and projects
– Strong command of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Ability to build relationships with RPA members and external partners.
– Demonstration of a proactive and flexible working style and commitment to the RPA’s vision and key values
– Experience of event delivery would be preferable but not essential
– Experience of professional/elite sports or rugby environment would be preferable but not essential
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: This role will be based at the offices of the RPA in Twickenham, with occasional travel required to other areas in the UK e.g. the Aviva Premiership clubs.
How to apply:
If this role is of interest, please send your CV with a covering letter to Stuart Munday, Finance & HR Director, at the following email address:
Closing date: Monday 18th July 2016. (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date)
Interview dates: TBC