The Rugby Players’ Association (RPA) is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England which was established in 1998 to look after the interests of all professional players, from Academy players to the superstars of the international game. The RPA offers members Player Welfare and Representation services as well as a comprehensive Personal Development Programme to help prepare players for life after rugby. The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since February 2004.
Purpose of role: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the RPA Executive Management Team alongside responsibility of general office management. They will also be required to assist the Events and Commercial Department.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
– Preparation and distribution of all meeting agendas, papers and documentation
– Support to the Executive Management Team (Group CEO, Finance & HR Director, Rugby Director)
– Diary management, Travel Management, Expenses and general administrative support
– Creation of reports using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
– Schedule and plan Team Meetings and prepare reports for presentation
– Writing up of the minutes from all RPA Player Board Meetings
– Provide general assistance within RPA Events and Commercial Department
– Overall responsibility of office management, including areas of Health and Safety, Fire and First Aid
– Dealing with ad-hoc work
– General Admin duties: handling external and internal telephone calls
Key Interfaces: RPA Executive Management Team, RPA Players’ Board, RPA Management Board, RPA Commercial Department.
Skills & Experience required: Extensive and proven experience in an Executive Assistant role; Strong written and verbal communication skills; Proven organisational skills; Ability to multitask and meet conflicting deadlines and projects; Strong command of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Experience or exposure of working within the Events Industry is desirable; Servicing Boards/Committees, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s mission statement, vision and key values.
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
How to apply: If this role is of interest, please send your CV with a covering letter to smunday@theRPA.co.uk
Alternatively, please post your details to the following address:
Finance & HR Director
The Rugby Players Association
Closing Date: Friday 27th October 2017 (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you have not been contacted within 10 days of the closing date)