The Rugby Players’ Association exclusively manages the commercial representation of Team England Rugby LLP (TER LLP). The Team England Rugby LLP Account Manager is responsible for the overall management of all operations relating to Team England Rugby LLP.
In addition, this role is responsible for implementing player appearances for all RPA commercial partners, events and conferences. Applicants should have experience of working with sportsmen/athletes and a thorough understanding of intellectual property rights and the commercial management of athletes, partners and media.
The role reports to the RPA Group CEO and will also work closely with the RPA commercial and communication teams offering support across all RPA events and partnerships.
Roles and responsibilities
Team England Rugby LLP:
– To be responsible, in liaison with RPA CEO, for all Team England Rugby LLP matters
– Manage the TER LLP/RPA commercial agency agreement and oversee fulfillment of the RPA’s contractual obligations
– To be the RPA contact for Senior Elite Player Squad players in relation to their commercial activities and match fees as England players
– Manage the TER LLP commercial contract with the RFU and partners. Ensuring all EPS players have a full understanding of the EPS agreement
– Gain and demonstrate an in depth understanding of the RFU Elite Player Squad agreement, including but not limited to: match fees and bonus payments, player image rights and appearance fees
– Liaise with players’ agents when required, relating to payments, intellectual property rights and player appearances
– Attend Senior EPS player appearances to ensure agreed activation in line with RFU/TER LLP agreement
– Work closely with the RFU to ensure smooth activation of TER LLP commercial activities
– To have overall responsibility for all documentation relating to TER LLP, including completion and signature of all relevant legal and financial documentation
– Develop commercial opportunities within boundaries of the TER LLP/RFU agreement on behalf of TER LLP, in liaison with RPA Commercial team
RPA Player Appearances:
– To be responsible, in liaison with RPA Partnerships Manager, for all matters relating to player appearances arranged through the RPA for Commercial Partners, events and conferences
– Cultivate new and existing network of industry contacts
– To manage and extend the RPA Player’s database
– To identify and implement additional appearance opportunities for RPA members
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
How to apply:
If this role is of interest, please send your CV with a covering letter to Stuart Munday, Finance & HR Director, at the following email address: smunday@theRPA.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 26th August 2016 (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date)