All RPA Members can call the 24/7 helpline on 01373 858080 to schedule an appointment.
The service is completely confidential. YOU’RE NOT ALONE, DON’T SUFFER IN SILENCE.
LPP provides support for players on a range of issues including:
- Coping with injury
- Stress and anxiety
- Anger Management
- Sports Psychology
- Career Transition
For more information on LPP Consulting visit their website www.lppconsulting.org.
There are also a number of resources available to all players if you want additional support or information on mental health including:
In 2012 The RPA, in conjunction with LPP Consulting, delivered a mental health education programme to all RPA Members, where we worked with former player Duncan Bell who talked about his battle with depression. The programme was designed to raise awareness of the mental health issues that can affect rugby players and their team mates in a professional rugby environment.
The programme included coverage of the following areas:
- the definition and key symptoms of depression
- the top causes of stress amongst rugby players
- the psychological and physical effects of stress and its impact on performance
- the perception of mental welfare issues in the professional rugby environment
- where and how to seek help e.g. club doctor, RPA, LPP confidential helpline, team mates
If you’re a player who would like support in this area you can talk to your Player Development Manager or contact LPP directly on their 24/7 helpline on 01373 858080.