ANTI DOPING & ILLICIT DRUGS POLICY
The anti-doping seminar is designed to ensure that players are fully aware of the following:
• WADA anti-doping regulations
• the testing process
• the prohibited list
• anti-doping violations
• players’ responsibilities – the principle of strict liability
• checking medications and supplements and
• where to find advice
This mandatory education seminar highlights the RFU illicit drugs policy and how it interrelates with the WADA anti-doping regulations. Players are educated in respect of:
• the RFU illicit drugs policy
• types of illicit drugs and the law
• the testing programme
• admissions of use
If you’re a player who needs support you can contact the RPA confidential counselling service with LPP on 01373 858080. This number is contactable 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
You can also talk to your PDM or visit the England Rugby website here for more information on the RFU regulations.