TEACHING/COACHING IN A SCHOOL
- This is a very popular route for players so the more experience and qualifications you have the stronger the candidate.
- Do some work in a school to find out how things are run in a sports department and the administration aspect of the job
- Gain an RFU level 2 and/or level 3 qualification
- Look at other sports you can gain a basic qualification in e.g. cricket, athletics, tennis, swimming
- If you want to teach a subject the general requirement is a degree followed by a PGCE or GTP.
- See what other qualifications would benefit you e.g. Personal Trainer, Strength & Conditioning, leadership, management, mentoring etc…
- The RPA runs a Schools Master Rugby Course which focuses on all of aspects of school life.
- Visit www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching
Talk to your PDM for more information if you are interested in this area.