Fundraising Executive – Restart Rugby (Charity No 1113160)
The Rugby Players’ Association (RPA) is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England which was established in 1998 to look after the interests of all professional players, from Academy players to the superstars of the international game. The RPA offers members Player Welfare and Representation services as well as RPA Gain Line, a comprehensive Personal Development Programme to help prepare them for life after rugby. The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since February 2004. www.therpa.co.uk
Restart is the official charity of The Rugby Players Association (RPA) and we are dedicated to supporting professional rugby players suffering from serious injury, illness or hardship. We provide financial and practical support to players and their families during difficult times, including help with the cost of medical treatment, rehabilitation equipment and disability support. We’re also there when players need emotional support to help with mental health challenges , by providing a 24/7 Confidential Counselling Service.
Restart Rugby is a charity which is exploring a wealth of new and exciting fundraising opportunities with a view to growing its supporter base and income considerably over the coming seasons. The Fundraising Executive will provide support in the key areas of fundraising, communications and marketing to help achieve the charities aims and objectives.
You will support the Restart Fundraising Manager with the development and delivery of the expanding Restart fundraising events and campaigns calendar. You will also work closely the RPA Communications team to help set the strategy for content across all Restart communications platforms and help grow the profile and following of Restart.
The role has a well-rounded remit, providing exciting opportunities to work on several unique events and projects in a third sector sports organisation. We are looking for a creative and collaborative individual who is happy to fully immerse themselves in this new challenge.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide hands on support at all Restart, RPA and third-party fundraising events were required.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to create and deliver a forward planned calendar of Restart fundraising events and campaigns.
- Support the Fundraising Manager to improve donor stewardship, thanking and retention.
- Support the Fundraising Manager to develop and deliver a Restart Ambassador Programme.
- Support the Fundraising Manager to develop and deliver a regular giving programme.
- Support with sourcing quality prizes and experiences for auctions.
- Liaise with players and high-profile individuals for campaigns and events.
- Research and identify trends in sport and the third sector to ensure fundraising activity is current and relevant for the Restart audience.
Marketing & Communications
- Grow and manage the Restart supporter database, ensuring supporter data is captured at every opportunity and kept up to date on the system.
- Improve the communication elements of the annual Restart Weekend takeover supported by Gallagher Premiership Rugby.
- Work closely with the RPA Communications team to help set the strategy for content across all communications platforms and help grow the profile of Restart, ensuring all Restart and RPA content is aligned.
- Plan, deliver and review reactive and proactive digital communications content and communications activities.
- Collect player testimonials from those Restart have supported to build a bank of compelling stories.
- Attend media launch days and club visits to collect Restart content to support the promotion of Restart events.
- Profile Restart’s work by telling compelling and inspirational stories via both digital and print platforms.
- Lead on all marketing and communications of Restart fundraising campaigns and events.
- Create and submit design briefs to ensure each event and campaign has fresh, engaging, and eye-catching content.
- Provide monthly reviews of social performance and use to inform future fundraising activity.
- Manage the monthly Restart Newsletter and fundraising appeal on Mail Chimp.
- Copywrite and proofread Restart written content.
- Provide administrative support at all Restart and RPA events.
- Support with admin surrounding the trustee board, including compiling a Restart communications quarterly update as an addition to the fundraising update.
- Manage prize distribution after fundraising events.
- Support with post-event follow up and thanking.
- Liaise with key Restart service providers and manufacturers.
Skills & Experience required:
- Proven practical experience of the charity sector, fundraising disciplines, income generation, communications and supporter stewardship
- Exceptional written communications skills with ability to produce engaging long and short-form content and adapt style to reflect the target audience.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience of social media platforms, and programmes such as Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Confident personality, comfortable working with high-profile individuals and elite athletes.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- An understanding of different charity income streams, what’s involved and how they work
- Proven skills in managing numerous tasks at the same time
- Experience or exposure to third party / community fundraising and fundraising events
- An understanding of the professional sporting landscape would be advantageous.
- A positive, flexible approach is required along with the commitment to the RPA’s mission statement, vision and key values.
Salary: Competitive plus comprehensive company benefits
Closing date: Sunday 21st August 2022
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering note, including salary expectations, to: careers@theRPA.co.uk