The Rugby Players Association is the representative body and collective voice of professional rugby players in England. We represent more than 800 male and female professional rugby players, as well as more than 400 former players.
It is our mission to support, promote and protect the interests of our members, from the moment they sign their first professional contracts, throughout their playing careers, and beyond as they embark on the next phase of their lives.
The RPA has also acted as the exclusive commercial representative of the England Team since 2004.
Role and Purpose:
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for creating and delivering innovative and engaging video content for the RPA’s various digital channels and events, supporting key RPA initiatives, including Gain Line and Lift the Weight, and highlighting the off-field stories of our 1,200+ members.
In addition to core video production responsibilities, the successful candidate will also be required to produce supplementary digital assets and graphics. The role is London-based but will involve travel around the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create video in line with digital and business strategy, developing original series and creating compelling content that highlights the work of the RPA and our members.
- Shoot and edit high quality and platform specific video, with a mobile audience in mind.
- Contribute to short and long term content planning.
- Proactive in creating ideas for different channels, including but not limited to Twitter, YouTube, Instagram.
- Work collaboratively with departments across the business while building and maintaining strong relationships with clubs, players, partners and other stakeholders.
- Must be a team player and a proactive and positive problem solver.
Experience and Skills required:
- Ideally suited to a recent graduate with appropriate degree in film/video production.
- Ability to produce, shoot and edit a variety of content in a sports environment.
- A progressive attitude towards innovation, embracing new technology and creative thinking.
- Experience of planning the distribution and promotion of content.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams across the business.
- Problem solving in high pressure situations, and meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Prior experience working with professional athletes or in a sporting environment is desirable
- An immediate start is desirable
Duration: 12months FTC
Salary: Competitive plus comprehensive company benefits.
Location: Twickenham, TW1 3QS
Closing date: 5pm – Friday 1st November 2019 (Please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion if you are not contacted within 14 days of the closing date)
To apply, please provide us with:
- Your CV.
- A covering letter detailing the content you have previously: 1) shot, 2) edited, 3) produced.
- Please include a showreel as part of your application to demonstrate the creative content you have produced.
Applications should be submitted to careers@theRPA.co.uk