Fresh from their heroics with England, Grand Slam winners Mike Brown and Owen Farrell are now showing their support for Restart Rugby Weekend and encouraging other players and fans to do the same.
Round 20 of the Aviva Premiership is dedicated to Restart Rugby, the official charity of the Rugby Players’ Association, with the aim of raising over £25,000 to help current and former players who have suffered injury, illness or hardship.
All funds raised from the weekend will go towards providing emotional, practical and financial support during challenging times for both players and their families as well as supporting community based initiatives to engage all ages with one of the world’s greatest team sports, as demonstrated by the biggest and best Rugby World Cup in 2015.
Harlequins and England full-back, Mike Brown, said: “Restart Rugby, the official charity of the RPA, is a very important cause to all rugby players. The charity gives us all peace of mind, knowing that if the worst was to happen, there is help not only for us, but for our families too. Please get behind #RestartRugbyWeekend and show your support!”
Owen Farrell, Saracens and England fly-half, said: “Restart Rugby is our charity, the players’ charity. Restart Rugby Weekend is vital in terms of highlighting the work the charity does in supporting seriously ill and injured players, as well as supporting those making the transition out of the game we love, as easy as it can possibly be! Not only that, it supports our welfare and our families, let’s smash that £25k target, and please donate!”
Restart Rugby Trustee and 2003 RWC winner, Ben Kay, said: “It’s fantastic to see Mike and Owen showing their support for Restart Rugby. The charity is very close to all players’ hearts and makes a huge impact on their lives should they need our help. Restart Rugby Weekend is vital in terms of raising awareness and funds that allow us to help so many players in need, so please get behind the campaign and help us achieve our goal.”
You can show your support for Restart Rugby and our players in the following ways:
- Take part in the online auction where you can bid for money can’t buy prizes and experiences – items will go live MIDDAY TODAY through to the 15th April. Click here to view the online auction.
- Buy your #RestartRugbyWeekend t-shirt by contacting Alex Lines-Scrase on 020 3053 6680 or alines-scrase@theRPA.co.uk or by clicking here.
- Text – RUGB09 and then the amount you wish to donate to 70070
- Donate via our dedicated online fundraising page – http://campaign.justgiving.com/charity/RestartRugby/Weekend
- Share your Restart Rugby Weekend pictures on social media using the official hashtag – #RestartRugbyWeekend